Driving is a serious mental activity. It involves the concentration, dedication and cooperative efforts of the brain, the hands and the legs and other parts of the body. In order to ensure safety on the road while driving, it is very important for road users to understand the dangers associated with driving while tiered.
Driving while tired as dangerous as driving while intoxicated with alcohol or drugs. When are driving tired, you predisposes yourself to high levels of fatigue and accidents. You plunge yourself into situations that can led to road accidents. Drowsiness is a very serious condition. When you are driving while drowsy, you are actually increasing your chances of having road accidents.
It is therefore prudent to always study, analyze and be able to discern when you are driving while tired. Well, the following re the signs you should observe to alert you are driving while tired:
- Trouble remembering the last few miles driven; missing exits or traffic sign
- Yawning repeatedly or rubbing your eyes: excessive yawning while sitting on the driving seat should tell you that you need a little rest.
- Trouble keeping your head up: Losing concentration on the road as a result of drowsiness.
- Drifting from your lane, tailgating, or hitting a shoulder rumble strip: When you realize that you are tailgating and slowly drifting from your lane, then you need to just check you drowsiness.
- Feeling restless and irritable: You sense discomfort in your body and a wrangling to get sleep and relax the body. Restlessness and fatigue should make your understand that you simply need a little nap. You have to park the car, take a nap then continue.
- Difficulty focusing, frequent blinking, or heavy eyelids: you notice that you ae loosing concentration little by little. When you begin to realize this problem, you should either stop to rest or get a second driver to take over so that you can take a nap.
- Daydreaming; wandering/disconnected thoughts: you begin to see some few pictures as you drive which also takes your attention away from driving. Suddenly, you notice that you are seeing different things apart from the road and getting your attention off the road.
The key is to understand that driving while tired is very dangerous. Always find ways and means to ensure you have enough rest before stepping on the driving seat.
You can contact Eureka Technical Services Limited for more information!
We are a security and safety limited company focused in ensuring road safety has all that you need to ensure road safety! Contact us for all your road safety needs: Speed Warning Systems, Car Alarms, Digital Speed Governor with Record and Online Tracking and Vehicle Tracking System.
Looking for Anti-Siphon Fuel Safety Device? Check out the Eureka Anti-Siphon Fuel Safety Device designed to prevent your fuel spillage, over filling and fuel theft.
Eureka Technical Services Limited
Email: [email protected]
Call: +254 2 4445155/2 4445170/720960752
#EurekaSafetyTips #RespectDrivers #AccidentsCausePain #EurekaSpeedGovernors #SocialResponsibility